Easy to use pellet concentrate:
- SePRO Corporation is the original manufacturer of its flagship product Sonar – active ingredient fluridone.
- Sonar™ is the choice of many experts for whole lake invasive weed control and superior duckweed and submerged weed control in ponds.
Sonar Q (Quick release pellets) is a great choice for submerged weed control in ponds. Controls coontail, bladderwort, elodea, hydrilla, fanwort, naiads, watermilfoil and nearly all pondweeds. Systemic action kills the root systems. Sonar Q is a concentrated product; a few pounds in a small pond can keep the weeds out all summer. See the dose examples below. Sonar is very thorough and will move throughout the pond for excellent widespread control. Sonar should not be used for spot treating. No fishing or swimming restrictions. We recommend the liquid formulation when duckweed control is needed - See Sonar Liquid or Alligare Liquid a new generic formulation that is a lower cost alternative offering our customers the choices they deserve.
Examples using Sonar™ Q granular at higher label rates. Many submersed weeds can be controlled at much lower rates.
- Sample 75' x 75' Pond (.13) Acre 4 ft avg depth.
- Amount required: 2 Pounds
- Sample 105' x 105' Pond (.25) Acre 4 ft avg depth.
- Amount required: 3 ¾ Pounds
- Sample 148' x 148' Pond (.50) Acre 4 ft avg depth.
- Amount required: 7 ½ Pounds
- Sample 208' x 208' Pond (1.0) Acre 4 ft avg depth.
- Amount required: 15 Pounds
- Water Use Restrictions: None on Swimming or Fishing. Irrigation 7 to 30 days.
- Container Size(s): 8 Lb Pail – 40 Lb Pail
- Formulation: Granular (Pellets)
*Consult Label for any Changes, Exact Doses, Additional Restrictions & Important Application Directions.
The Sonar Q Product Label is available for download in pdf.