The active ingredient in Alligare Fluridone (fluridone) has been around for many years now and has proven itself to be invaluable in the control of submerged weeds and duckweed in ponds. The original brand Sonar™ contains the same active ingredient. Alligare Fluridone is a lower cost alternative. We also carry Sonar offering our customers the choices they deserve.
Fluridone the active ingredient in Alligare Fluridone remains our # 1 Pond recommendation for the control of submerged weeds and floating duckweed. Our commercial service could not be without it. Systemic action can control plants all season. Alligare Fluridone is a concentrated product; a few ounces for a small pond can keep the weeds out all summer. No fishing or swimming restrictions. Rates below assume Duckweed is present – many submerged weeds can be controlled at much lower rates.
Alligare Fluridone Concentrated Liquid:
- Sample 75' x 75' Pond (.13) Acre 4 ft avg depth.
- Amount required: 4 Ounces
- Sample 105' x 105' Pond (.25) Acre 4 ft avg depth.
- Amount required: 8 Ounces
- Sample 148' x 148' Pond (.50) Acre 4 ft avg depth.
- Amount required: 16 Ounces (pint)
- Sample 208' x 208' Pond (1.0) Acre 4 ft avg depth
- Amount required: 32 Ounces (quart)
- Water Use Restrictions: None on Swimming or Fishing. Irrigation 7 to 30 days.
- Container Size(s): 1/2 Pints/Pints/Quarts/Gallons
- Formulation: Liquid
*Consult Label for exact Doses & Important Application Directions.
The Alligare Fluridone Product Label is available for download in pdf. For Gallon size Alligare Fluridone, please consult the Avast Label for Alligare Fluridone